Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Monday, October 15, 2012

The Edge of Seventeen...



 No, it's not a Stevie Knicks song... its a Monday Show and Tell Link Up! I saw this over at Mrs. K and Captain J, and decided to link up. My life has been so full of studying and things are so mundane lately, I figured a good link up might give me something interesting to write about! This week's topic is
"When I was 17..."

1. When you were 17, tell us what kind of car you drove, where you worked, and what you were usually up to on the weekends?

I drove a 1990 Plymouth Sundance, which was affectionately named "Limpy". It was a piece of crap car, but I loved it! I had a seasonal job working at a haunted house, and I also worked at Wendy's. On the weekends, we'd cruise State Street (classy), hit up the movies, or just go out and goof off. There isn't much to do in Salt Lake City when you are 17, especially not in 1998.


2. Show us a picture of you when you were 17 {roughly}.


This is a picture of me with my best friend (I'm on the right). We wore uniforms to school, so that's why we are so stylishly dressed!  

3. When you were 17, tell us what you wanted to be when you "grew up."

My goal was to become a High School History Teacher. I also planned to be graduated from college and married by 22, and a mom by 25. Instead, I was academically suspended from college, ended up working in insurance, got married at 26, graduated with a Bachelors degree in Criminal Justice at 28. Now I'm 31, still working in insurance, getting an MBA, and I still don't have any children... Funny how things never work out like we think they will!

4. When you were 17, tell us the kind of boys that you dated. Did you have a type? Do you have a relationship you remember well? Tell us about it.

I only had one serious boyfriend in high school and we dated all through my Senior year.  I remember that relationship very well... It was full of fun, drama and craziness, like a lot of teenage relationships tend to be. We thought we'd be together forever, but luckily that didn't happen! We were way too young and not very compatible. He and I still converse from time to time and he's happily married with three kids now. I used to love "bad-boys"... you know, a little more alternative, trouble-making and edgy. Now I'm married to a straight-laced Airman. How things change!

5. When you were 17, tell us where you pictured your life 10 years from then. Did it turn out the way you expected it to?

I figured I'd be married, a mom, and have a career set in place. I'm married, but the other two haven't come to fruition yet... and I'm okay with that. I think if my 17 year-old self could see me now, she'd be most surprised that I became a military wife and I have left my hometown. That was something I would have never pictured for myself. I also would never have pictured myself getting two Masters degrees, so in that respect I exceeded my own expectations! When you are young, you think you can map out your whole life. Now that I'm older, I have no idea where I'll be in ten years! All I hope for is that wherever I am and whatever I'm doing, I just hope I'm content and happy.

 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment