Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Friday, October 19, 2012

Devil, Thy Name Is...



GLOBAL ECONOMICS!

I haven't been blogging very much lately, because of this evil mistress who requires all of my free time. My Economics class is officially the WORST class I have taken in the whole of my college career. The subject matter is dry and not even remotely interesting, but that isn't the worst part about it.

The worst part is the professor, whom I will call Dr. Magpie. Dr. Magpie is a very smart and semi-friendly gentleman... but he is a terrible teacher. He is hard to follow and doesn't full explain concepts. I have a four hour class with him every Sunday, and always leave class feeling confused and downtrodden. Then Dr. Magpie proceeds to give us homework assignments full of things that he didn't teach us in class. So, what do I do?  I harass him incessantly via phone and e-mail. It seems like I have to ask for help or clarification every other day on something involving the econ material. This class has been sucking up so much of my free time...

I'm not alone in my feelings either. It seems as though most of my classmates feel the same way... but whenever we express our concerns, we are met with this response, "Don't worry. You'll be fine." Ugh! I'm confused, doing poorly on my assignments, and have shed many tears over this class. I don't feel like I'm going to do fine!

I'm not the most confident person when it comes to many things in my life, but one thing I have always been very sure of is my ability to learn. I can usually master anything if I put in the work. Statistics? Hard, but passed with flying colors! Organic chemistry I & II? Awful and mind-numbing, but I got it! I just can't seem to "get" this graduate Economics class, and it's not for lack of trying. I believe that it is because I'm not being given the tools to succeed in this course, and it's totally out of my control. 

Since complaining doesn't help and crying definitely doesn't help, I'll keep on trucking and wait impatiently for December when this god-awful class finally comes to an end!

What is the hardest class you have ever taken?


No comments:

Post a Comment